Senior Data Scientist (m/w/d)
Mister Spex is Europe's largest omnichannel eyewear retailer. We are specialists in the distribution of optical products, offering an extensive range of top quality glasses, sunglasses, sports eyewear and contact lenses at low prices. Not only online but in our constantly growing number of stores all over Germany. We constantly strive for new innovations to drive our growth and lately scored a 65 Million Euros investment to ensure it.
We at Mister Spex are a highly data driven company combined with a strongly people-driven approach. Combining relevant data sources across multichannel touchpoints along the whole optical value chain and thereby thriving for impact will be at the core of this position. We are looking for an individual who will be able to improve and create complex models and also implement more machine learning processes. You will be in the lead of the data science projects and work together with different stakeholders to help everybody at Mister Spex to enhance the business decisions.
- Apply advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms (e.g. gradient boosting, logistics regressions and neuronal networks)
- Potentially lead a small team for Data Science
- Adapt Machine Learning models in cooperation with our Data Engineers
- Ensure quality control and maintenance of code, models and data
- Understand and define KPIs for the needs of various departments and ensure availability
- Initiate new Data Science projects to enhance business steering at Mister Spex
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science preferred
- At least 3 years of practical data science experience
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Deep Knowledge of Statistics and Machine Learning
- Strong skills in Python (R is a major plus)
- Good understanding of ETL procedures, data migration, integration or data quality concepts
- Fluent in English – German is a plus
- Good to have: Apache Spark, TensorFlow, Hadoop
What we offer
Please upload your application documents, consisting of a cover letter, CV, certificates and your salary expectation, to our application tool on our website by using the “apply online” button. For any inquiries please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone under the following number: 030 - 44 31 2300 -321.